The Fantastic Voyages of Teo & Leonie
A Maiden Voyage Through Time
After a strange incident, a brother and a sister from the early 20th century suddenly find themselves lost in the middle of the Renaissance. Wanting nothing more than to be back with their parents, a sympathetic Leonardo da Vinci takes them under his wing and tries to get them home – some 400 years later.
On the way, they are thrown into the centre of the major events that determined the course of human history. The old Leonardo thought he had already seen everything, but thanks to the children, he begins the most intense period of his life.
A transmedia philosophy
Conceived in a transmedia dimension, the fascinating universe of “The Fantastic Voyages of Teo & Leonie” has been developed using different components which, through their combination with each other, offer a new style of interaction.
Destined for a target audience aged between 6 and 10 years old, the universe is portrayed in:
- A collection of illustrated books, accompanied by apps, incorporating Augmented Reality, Games and an animated Audio Book;
Several VR games taken from Teo & Leonie’s universe;
- An interactive online platform which encourages collective sharing of individual experiences.
From one book to the next, together with Teo & Leonie, discover ancient civilizations and cross the paths of historical figures, great adventurers, famous scholars, and illustrious artists.
Their various journeys will lead them into the Renaissance and the Cretaceous periods. They will sail with legendary pirates, cross ancient Egypt in the company of powerful Pharaohs and help an old potter to satisfy the extravagant wishes of the first Chinese Emperor.
In the next story, among other adventures, they will help an Inca prince and a young Viking to become legend, participate at a chariot race in the middle of the Roman arena and unearth a Moai on Easter Island while looking for a particular egg.
Release pace : 4 to 6 per year Format : 22 x 22 cm, 60 pages, hardcover Genre : Picture book, Fiction
You can download here the “Presentation for the book project“
Tome 1 : Renaissance
While playing in an attic, Teo and his sister Leonie stumble upon a necklace with extraordinary powers that allows them to travel through time!
Their first journey propelled them to the heart of the Renaissance where they met a sympathetic Leonardo da Vinci who will try to get them back home.
Tome 2 : Cretaceous period
Teo, Leonie, Leonardo and Cornelius are propelled back to the Cretaceous period, just a few moments before an asteroid smashes into the earth, putting an end to the reign of the dinosaurs.
They must make use of all their talents to avoid ending up as an archaeological mystery.
Tome 4 : Ancient Egypte
Teo, Leonie, Leonardo and Cornelius will cross the path of Ptolemy V, a young pharaoh who is only twelve years old.
They will help him to find a solution for the famine of his people on the banks of the Nile saving them from the flooding river and the menacing crocodiles who go about their infernal daily business. They leave behind their mark in history on the Rosetta Stone.
Tome 6 : Incas
Pachacutec is a brilliant but unruly young man, whose father (the powerful King of the Incas) disinherits and condemns him to exile. One day, he crosses paths with Teo, Leonie and Leonardo. Leonardo warns him of an imminent enemy invasion from the North.
Will our adventurers manage to influence Pachacutec’s father, and save the destiny of his people ?
The project’s educational objectives
- The remaining pages of the books, augmented reality app, as well as the last minutes of the series revealing the places and characters that Teo & Leonie have met and that existed, increasing an interest in learning for children;
- The aim of giving the young audience a desire to expand its perception of the world;
- The world as a source of inspiration.
We are using the most recent technologies to offer a new form of interactivity that completes and enhances the children’s viewing experience. Each application has 3 parts :
- The Augmented Reality permits interaction with the book. It recognizes the illustrations and educational content as well as 3D objects pop up from the pages. In the first book for example, the reader can pilot some of Leonardo’s fantastic machines.
- The Audio Book narrated by Benoît Allemane (the French voice of Morgan Freeman) includes a sophisticated animation of the book drawings.
- The Mini Games present a dozen of little challenges and educational content, to learn while having fun.
The VR games inside Teo & Leonie universe
Some games made by Kenzan Studio take place in Teo & Leonie universe. This new total immersion extends and enriches the reading experience.
- Golden Skull : Board on the sumptuous pirate galleon in VR of Thomas Tew (Tome 3)
- EnigmAttic : A fascinating VR experience in Leonardo da Vinci’s universe. His attic is filled with mysteries which will be revealed in the volumes to follow.
Depending on the markets, these first two experiences are distributed in various forms.
A global marketing strategy
Interested in using a maximum of promotional and sales tools, we designed a revolutionary holographic display.
A continuously running film allows children to enter the magic of Teo & Leonie’s universe, but also present some of the Augmented Reality found in the books.
Bookstores appreciate the display, as they inevitably attract children – and their parents’ attention.
The display sides and the video can easily be adapted to the future volumes release.
Leonie’s little brother. Clever, spontaneous, funny, he’s a little daredevil. He often identifies with his father, an intrepid aviator.
Teo’s big sister. Thoughtful, tenacious, she has an artistic soul. She is ahead of her age.
LEONARDO DA VINCI
Visionary, spirited and good-natured. In the winter of his life, this old scientist believed he had seen it all. But through the children’s eyes, he will rediscover the world and put his convictions into perspective.
Separated very soon from his drove, this faithful companion will be present in all Teo & Leonie’s adventures. Blunderer and fearless.
Member of François the first’s personal guard. Known for his force and courage, he’s in reality the greatest coward the earth has ever seen.